Friday, February 8, 2008

Cabbage and Noodles


Ahhh, of course the first post should be my FAVORITE!

Certainly and Old Stand-by! This one has been in my family (on mom's side) for generations!

It's the easiest thing in the world... I'm pretty sure it's impossible to mess this up.


Ingredients:

1 Beautiful head of green cabbage

1 bag of wide noodles or dumplings

2 T. Canola Oil/ or Butter

1 tsp of Garlic Powder

salt and pepper to taste

Keilbasa (optional)


Directions:

Cut cabbage into bite size pieces. Sautee the bite size cabbage in your oil/ butter until crisp tender. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles. Blend noodles and cabbage together. The best thing about this dish... you can experiment! Add some keilbasa or sausage. Add other favorite spices to kick it up a bit. But be it the original or your own version...the best words to describe it? Yummm!!


1 comment:

The Fishers said...

Can I be one of your servant girls? I looove cabbage and noodles and only have them when I go to festivals... so I will give this a try. I have a head of cabbage in the fridge I was going to use for egg rolls... but I'll give this a try. Talk to you soon, loon! xoxo