Monday, March 3, 2008

~Apple Berry Salsa~

Compliments of my good friend Emily! This was so good I asked her if I could steal her recipe and post it here! Thank you Emily... for the best fruit salsa I've ever had!

Here's the recipe:
2 medium granny smith apples (the recipe says to peel and chop, but I liked the green skin for color)
1 cup strawberries, sliced (I chopped, not sliced, them up to make the salsa's texture finer)
1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. apple jelly (I'd never heard of this, but I found it easily in the jam section, and it's as cheap as grape jelly)
Combine apples, strawberries, and kiwi in a bowl. Zest and juice the orange, then put both the zest and juice in a small bowl. Add the brown sugar and apple jelly. Stir the zesty stuff together and pour over the fruit. Serve with cinnamon or Honey Graham chips or Graham crackers. So refreshing and fun.

No comments: